In force since: 13/05/2021
Welcome to the website of the Urban Youth Games (hereinafter “UYG”). In order to guarantee the correct functioning of the website and of its functionalities, UYG has to process some personal data of the visitors to its website (hereinafter the “Visitor”).
1. General framework – data controller
As data controller, we make every effort to safeguard your privacy when processing your personal data as part of your visit to our website.
Please read this document carefully. You will find detailed information on what personal data we process, the reasons why we process and may share personal data relating to you, their storage period as well as the rights you are entitled to exercise in this respect.
The data controller is:
Olympic Urban Festival asbl-vzw
Phone number: +32 (0) 2 533 04 50
2. What personal data do we process?
We may collect personal data relating to you for various reasons set out below (see point 3). More specifically, this concerns the following personal data, notably:
- Personal identification data (e.g. first and last names, age, place of residence, gender, date of birth, nationality, identity card number, national registration number, the school in which you teach or the school in which you are enrolled, photograph) ;
- Contact data ( e.g.: e-mail address, phone number) ;
- Financial data (e.g.: bank account number, VAT number) for gifts, donations or grants ;
- Browsing data: (e.g.: type of domain you use to connect to our website; IP address, date and time of visit, location data or other communication data, type of browser, platform and/or operating system you use; navigation preferences) ;
3. Why and on what basis do we process your personal data?
We collect personal data relating to you primarily in order to provide you with our newsletter, to improve our services and, more generally, to facilitate communication with you. Finally, your data also enables us to improve and facilitate your experience on our website.
We process personal data relating to you on the basis of the following legal grounds and for the following purposes.
- a) On the basis of our legitimate interest
Most of the time we process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests as website owner, notably to improve our services and, more generally, to facilitate communication between UYG and our Visitors as well as to enable us to improve browsing experience on our website. Where the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests, we will always ensure that your interests and/or fundamental rights do not override our legitimate interests. The data concerned by this type of processing operations are, in particular, connection and personal identification data.
- The performance of a contract
On certain occasions, the processing of certain categories of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which our Visitors is party. This is especially the case for gifts, donations and grants. The data processed on this occasion may include, in particular, personal identification data, contact data and/or financial data.
- Legal obligation
In some specific cases, certain processing operations may be necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which UYG is subject.
- Based on your consent
We also process certain personal data relating to our Visitors on the basis of their consent for other processing operations. This mainly concerns sending newsletters or the management of cookies and other tracking technologies (please see our Cookies Policy in that respect) that we use in the management of our website and, more generally, any other marketing communication. The data concerned is mainly personal identification, contact and browsing data. You may unsubscribe at any time and withdraw your consent to such communications by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent, the UYG website may not function correctly or at its best.
However, we always have the right to process the data collected by us before you withdraw your consent.
4. What are our sources?
We receive most of the personal data we process directly from our Visitors when they access our website or from their internet service provider.
We may also consult public and non-public external sources. In that case, we will inform you within one month after obtaining the personal data and in any case at the time of providing it to third parties or using it in our communications with you.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
We may provide the personal data you give us to third parties if this is necessary to pursue the purposes described above. For example, we use third party specialised companies to whom we outsource the following tasks:
- IT services providers.
- Third parties who provide payment services;
- Third parties involved in the management of the website;
- Academic and other partners who contribute to the improvement of our pedagogical tools;
- Other partners concerning the development of our projects in schools.
- Transfer of personal data outside the EEA (European Economic Area)
Your personal data will in principle not be transferred to any third party located in a country outside the EEA. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to inform you.
7. How long do we keep and store your personal data?
We will keep and store your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes and as long as required by applicable laws and regulations, or longer, when operationally required, to answer legal claims or questions from judicial and administrative authorities.
The latter means that personal data will be kept until the applicable legal limitation periods have expired. An additional period must be taken into account in order to effectively carry out the deletion.
8. What rights do you have and how can you exercise them?
You are entitled to:
- Access: you can obtain confirmation from UYG as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, where that is the case, access to the personal data together with additional information about the processing and a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
- Rectification: if you believe that your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that this personal data be rectified.
- Data erasure: where applicable, you can ask for the personal data to be erased.
- Restriction: where applicable, you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Objection: you can object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your specific situation, in the cases provided for by law or other regulatory texts.
- Withdrawal of consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. If the data are processed on another legal basis, however, the processing may continue.
- Data portability: insofar as legally applicable, you have the right to obtain the personal data you have provided us with or, insofar as technically possible, to have them transferred to a third party.
If you – or your legal representative – wish to exercise one of the aforementioned rights, you can contact us at the following e-mail address email@example.com or you can send us a letter at the following address : Avenue de Bouchout-Boechoutlaan, 9 – 1020 Brussels
- Filing a complaint with the Data Protection Authority
Data protection Authority
Rue du Prince-Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
Phone number: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
9. How is your personal data protected?
We attach great importance to the protection of your privacy. Your personal data is stored on our own secure servers. We take all appropriate measures to ensure that our servers containing the processed personal data prevent as far as possible the following:
- unauthorised access to or alteration of this data ;
- the improper use or disclosure of this data ;
- the illegal destruction or accidental loss of this data ;
Our employees, volunteers and staff who have access to this data are subject to an obligation of confidentiality. However, we cannot be held responsible for the misuse of this data by a third party despite the security measures in place.
10. How can you follow up on changes to this policy?
We can change this policy at any time. In that case, we will inform you by e-mail/letter/transmission of a document. The most recent version of this policy can always be consulted on our website: www.urbanyouthgames.org.
11. How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about the use of your personal data as described in this policy, you can contact our data protection officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org